martes, septiembre 22, 2015

Trials By Ruth Flores

“TRIALS” 
By Ruth Flores

Have you ever had a trial in your life? I have. Nobody wants to go through tough trials, but it is part of life. Trials are what makes us stronger, they help us get through the bigger trials that we might face in life. A trial that I have had in my life is when I had to leave my home and move to a whole different state, not knowing anybody and feeling like total stranger. I believe that everyone goes through trials in life and that there will always be someone there to help you with those trials.
In the middle of last school year (2014-2015), I found out that my Dad got laid off from his job, and that he found a new one in Utah. My parents decided that at the end of the school year, we would move out of our home in Ohio, and move to Utah. I really did not like the idea of moving away from my friends, my church, and my great neighbors. Right as the last day of school ended, we left and my family started travelling in our old minivan all the way to Utah. When we arrived, we had the whole summer to get to know new people and make new friends, but the problem was that we had to find a new home first.
Let me tell you that feeling like a total stranger is not the greatest feeling. I thought to myself, “Why did this have to happen? Why couldn’t I just stay in Ohio and finish high school there?” I thought that staying in Ohio was the best decision, but I also knew that my family and I moved to Utah for a reason. My family rented a house for the summer in Provo. I met a very nice group of people that became my friends, but as soon as we found the right home for my family and I to finally stay in, we left. So again we left right as I was fitting into this new environment. This is when I came to realize and believe in these big trials that happen to everyone.
Here I was again, in a new house that I now live in, in the desert where there are mountains surrounding me instead of trees. I only had one month of summer left, and in that one month I was going to try to make some new friends and get registered to a new school. I went to my new church that I would be going to for probably a long time, and everyone was very kind and welcoming. I met girls that were about the same age as me, who were very kind and had already invited me to the next activity they were going to have.
The last month of summer went by so fast that I found myself entering the school building for the first day of school. This was another trial, going to a new school, heading to your first class not knowing anyone. It scared me, but I just kept going. In each class I at least found one person that I could talk to. I was surprised that the first day of school was actually not that bad.
I now know how it truly feels to be a stranger, since I have experienced it through this trial of mine. My parents and best friends were always there for me when I needed help. I am successfully making new friends and getting to know my new neighbors better. I know that there is a lot of people going through the same kind of trial I went through, moving somewhere far from home and feeling like a total stranger. It comforts me that I know that other people are going through the same thing I am. I know that everyone goes through big and small trials in life and that they always have someone there to help them through those trials.

No hay comentarios.: